The Erlandson Farm
The John Erlandson farm was located north
of Clermont. In fact at one time there was a dirt road that ran from the center
of Clermont across the hill to the farm. On top of the hill overlooking both the
farm and the village was the baseball field. Several baseball teams that
represented Clermont at various times over the years used this field.
Photo of Erlandson Farm
is a Photo of the Erlandson Family taken in 1916. Seated
in the front are: Carl P. Erlandson, Eileen Anderson and Elin(Andersdotter)
After the death of Carl P.
Erlandson the farm was taken over by his son John.
The farm was a supplier of meat, vegetables, and meat for the general
store run by Emil Erlandson. In addition ice was obtained from the pond, stored
under sawdust in an underground cellar, and furnished ice to the store. Peanut
also sold ice to the families that had iceboxes in their homes. Below
is a picture of one of the baseball teams that played on the Clermont field at
Pictured from left to right are: Tony Rizzo,
Mose Brown, Bernard (Buster) Amend, and Hugh Keating. middle row: John Moyer,
Carl Decker, Gerald Mumford, Jack Allison, and Harry Silfies. Back row: Artie
Jacobson, Chris Labor, Bill Allison and Homer Perry.
The Erlandson farm operated
until the death of John (Peanut) Erlandson in 1955. A year or two later Annie
the widow of John sold the farm to a man named